May Day Abs Challenge Week #1
This idea was designed for people who need a little motivation and to bring out their inner competitive spirit. All it requires is a mat and a few minutes of your day.
For those of you who can’t do sit-ups on your own, try this:
- Put your feet underneath a couch or something that will hold your feet down, like in the video.
- Use your arms for momentum and breathe out as you go up.
- You should not feel anything in the lower back. If you do, stop and skip sit-ups. Instead add more crunches and leg crunches (20 reps each).
- Keep chin neutral (look up).
- Shoulders (not neck) will lead the way.
- Breathe out as you go up.
- Legs should go to the 12 o’clock position.
- Breathe out and go down a few inches (11:55 position).
- Bring legs back towards you till you feel the squeeze of the lower abs.
- You should not feel it in your lower back or quads (top of legs). If you do, you might be going too low.