Limited Damage Series
A Trainer’s Take to Limiting Calories When Going Out
The goal for this Series is to help people who are in the initial stages of losing weight or exercising and for those who want to enjoy a cheat meal but don’t want to go overboard on the calories. This is NOT, REPEAT NOT, a keto/paleo/insert low carb thing but a REALISTIC way of eating when you are out and about.
1) I will be giving you guys a few easy suggestions on what to eat at a particular restaurant/bar.
2) Also how to eat a little bit “cleaner” and still have fun at said restaurant/bar.
Curb the Calories
2 Mexican Beers
Butter lettuce, goat feta cheese, red onions, sweet 100 tomatoes, avocado, spicy pistachios, pomegranate seeds, spicy queso añejo crostini, pistachio-avocado dressing
Why 2 Mexican beers over 2 margaritas?
- higher in calories
- too much sugar
- too much sodium
Salad for appetizer over cheese and meat? Wtf?!
- It’s really, really good! (And I hate salad!!)
- it will keep your mind occupied while you wait for your entree
Why Carnitas over Enchiladas?
- More protein (pork fills you up more)
- Less carbs. The enchiladas with the lemon rice increase the carbs and calories.
- Added bonus, the pork was nice and tender. Yummy!!
- Eat a handful of raw nuts or half a protein bar 30 minutes before you go to the restaurant. by curbing your appetite, less chance eating too many chips.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water before you leave. Dehydration sometimes triggers the hunger pangs.
- Eat slowly!! Put the fork down after every bite and don’t pick it up agin until you swallowed. Trust me this really works!!